lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Yasufumi Mizoguchi <yasufumi0...@gmail.com>
Subject What is the benefit of stored="true" in *PointFields
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2019 07:42:48 GMT
Hi,

I am using Solr 7.6 and want to reduce index size due to hardware
limitation.
I already tried to
 1. set false to unnecessary field's indexed/stored/docValues parameter in
schema.
 2. set compressionMode="BEST_COMPRESSION" in solrconfig.

These were quite good, but I still need to reduce index size.

Then, I am now planning to set stored="false" in *PointFields only used for
range query,
faceting and sorting. Because I think that docValues="true" is enough to
acquire field's
value thanks to useDocValuesAsStored parameter.

But I also think this might lead to bad query performance...

So, is there any good suggestions about the stored and docValues settings
around
*PointFields?

Thanks,
Yasufumi