lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Bernd Fehling <bernd.fehl...@uni-bielefeld.de>
Subject SolrCloud with separate JAVA instances
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2019 14:16:07 GMT
I have SolrCloud with a collection "test1" with 5 shards 2 replicas accoss 5 server.
This cloud is started at port 8983 on each server.

Now I have a second collection "test2" with 5 shards 1 replica accross the same
5 server. But this second collection is started in seperate JAVA instances at
port 7574 on all 5 server.

Both JAVA instances use the same zookeeper pool but each collection has its own
config in zookeeper.

If I now use the Admin GUI at port 8983 and select "Cloud"->"Graph" I see both collections.
Also with Admin GUI at port port 7574.
And I can select both collection in "Collection Selection" dropdown box.

Why and is this how it should be?

I thought different JAVA instances at different ports are separated by each other?

Regards,
Bernd