lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Tim Hedlund <tim.hedl...@outlook.com>
Subject Spatial Search using two separate fields for lat and long
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2019 11:45:29 GMT
Hi all,

I'm importing documents (rows in excel file) that includes latitude and longitude fields.
I want to use those two separate fields for searching with a bounding box. Is this possible
(not using deprecated LatLonType) or do I need to combine them into one single field when
indexing? The reason I want to keep the fields as two separate ones is that I want to be able
to export from solr back to exact same excel file structure, i.e. solr fields maps exactly
to excel columns.

I'm using solr 7. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards
Tim