lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Load suggest dictionary from non-Zookeeper file?
Date Wed, 08 May 2019 20:26:40 GMT
> Our suggest dictionary is too big for Zookeeper. I’m trying to load it from an absolute
path, but the Solr 6.6.1 insists on interpreting that as a Zookeeper path. Any way to disable
that?

I wouldn't be surprised to learn it's not possible to get it to go
outside zookeeper for config files.  I do not know, though.

For right now, your only option will probably be to increase the
jute.maxbuffer system property on all relevant ZK servers and Solr
servers.  Then you will be able to store data larger than 1MB in ZK.
Somebody from the ZK project would probably frown on that solution, and
if I'm honest, I don't like it much myself.

There are use cases like this where a SolrCloud replica (core) needs to
access some large data that would be better kept on the local disk
instead of in ZK.  I think it's probably a good idea to open an issue
for allowing access to config data on the filesystem for SolrCloud.  So
it's probably a good idea to open an issue to make that possible.  I'd
like some of the other people here to sanity check that idea, though.

Thanks,
Shawn