lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jerry Lin <jerryp...@gmail.com>
Subject basic question about updating a docValue
Date Tue, 07 May 2019 05:03:24 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to Solr and am using Solr 8, and the Java API client. I have a
score that I would like to rank my documents by, and I do not need to
retrieve the values. My understanding is that I should set indexed="true",
stored="false", and DocValues="true". When I manually set up the schema in
that way (with type plong), and I add a document by supplying an int, I get:

Exception writing document ... to the index; possible analysis error:
cannot change DocValues type from SORTED_NUMERIC to NUMERIC for field

If I don't DocValues=false, the document update works fine. What should I
do to resolve this error?

Thank you,
Jerry