lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Walter Underwood <wun...@wunderwood.org>
Subject Re: Update documents cause multivalue fields unexpected behaviour
Date Mon, 06 May 2019 03:03:34 GMT
We gather all the data for a document, then send it as one update to Solr.

Actually, we create a JSON object for each document, then make a JSONL (one JSON object per
line) feed of everything we want to send. That gets compressed and saved in Amazon S3. Then
we break it into batches and send it to Solr.

Putting the entire feed in S3 allows us to analyze that feed, load it into a test cluster,
load yesterday’s feed, load it into a different prod cluster for disaster recovery, etc.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org
http://observer.wunderwood.org/  (my blog)

> On May 4, 2019, at 3:57 AM, Jie Luo <jluo@ebi.ac.uk> wrote:
> 
> Dear solr user,
> 
> I have processes, first process is to build the SolrDocuments and indexes, other processes
try to update the other fields of the solrdocuments and their indexes. Then I noticed that
 when I search  previous indexed multivalue fields (not stored), it returns wrong results
(fewer data). I tested with five documents, it will only return one documents with (field:*)
search. Before I run the other processes, the behaviour is fine return 5 documents. However,
it seems to me that single valued fields worked fine
> 
> Best Regards
> 
> Jie


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message