lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Salmaan Rashid Syed <salmaan.ras...@mroads.com>
Subject Accessing Solr collections at different ports
Date Fri, 03 May 2019 05:47:11 GMT
Hi Solr Users,

I am using Solr 7.6 in cloud mode with external zookeeper installed at ports 2181, 2182, 2183.
Currently we have only one server allocated for Solr. We are planning to move to multiple
servers for better sharing, replication etc in near future.

Now the issue is that, our organisation has data indexed for different clients as separate
collections. We want to uniquely access, update and index each collection separately so that
each individual client has access to their respective collections at their respective ports.
Eg:— Collection1 at port 8983, Collection2 at port 8984, Collection3 at port 8985 etc.

I have two options I guess, one is to run Solr in cloud mode with 4 nodes (max as limited
by Solr) at 4 different ports. I don’t know how to go beyond 4 nodes/ports in this case.

The other option is to run Solr as service and create multiple copies of Solr folder within
the Server folder and access each Solr at different port with its own collection as shown
by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmQFwK2sujE <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmQFwK2sujE>

I am really confused as to which is the better path to choose. Please help me out.

Thanks.

Regards,
Salmaan