lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: basic question about updating a docValue
Date Tue, 07 May 2019 13:41:25 GMT
On 5/7/2019 7:35 AM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
> The field must be 'indexed="false"' as well for in-place updates to
> work.  If you have indexed set to true, I don't think that's going to
> work.  Here's the relevant documentation section:

My answer was not meant to contradict the one you got earlier from
Alexandre.

If you already had data in your index for that field and you changed the
definition, Lucene's DocValues functionality will very often complain.
The only way to fix that problem, as Alexandre said, is to completely
delete the index directory, reload the index or restart Solr, and build
it again.

Thanks,
Shawn