lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Zookeeper solr config files
Date Mon, 06 May 2019 17:50:35 GMT
On 5/6/2019 9:21 AM, Kojo wrote:
> This is a zookeeper question, but I wonder you can help me.
>
> Is it possible to directly versioning Solr cloud config files on Zookeper
> using Git or any other versioning system? Or I realy need to use Zookeeper
> cli?
>
> When I said versioning directly on Zookeper, I mean version a folder of
> Zookeeper on the filesystem using Git.

For that level of detail about ZK, you would need to talk to the ZK project.

Generally what I think would be recommended is that you would have a
directory somewhere on a machine under git version control, and upload
from that directory into zookeeper.  The version control would be
entirely separate from ZK.

Something like /home/someuser/solrconfigs for example.  Or maybe
C:\Users\someuser\documents\solrconfigs on Windows.  You could either
have that directory be the root of the git working directory, with
subdirectories for each config you're managing, or you could have
individual git repositories under that for each config.

Thanks,
Shawn