lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Kudrettin Güleryüz <kudret...@gmail.com>
Subject different numFound value /select vs. /export
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2019 14:11:53 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to give my website users ability to export a field for the full
search result set. Specifying a very large pageSize seems to perform very
poorly for this purpose. Therefore, considering using export requestHandler
for exporting search results.

When I play with a core, I noticed that the numFound value was different
between these two queries for the same core
export?fl=id&q=*:*&sort=id%20desc
select?fl=id&q=*:*&sort=id%20desc

Can you please explain why this may be the case? Also any suggestions on
alternatives would be nice.

Thank you