lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Kettmann <andrew.kettm...@evolve24.com>
Subject Re: Solr 7.7.2 - Autoscaling in new cluster ignoring sysprop rules, possibly all rules
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2019 16:53:37 GMT
Is there some step I am missing here? Policies seem to be entirely ignored in this new cluster
and I am at a loss. Is there some default setting that will cause autoscaling to be ignored?

________________________________
From: Andrew Kettmann
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 1:04:21 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Solr 7.7.2 - Autoscaling in new cluster ignoring sysprop rules, possibly all rules

Using docker 7.7.2 image

Solr 7.7.2 on new Znode on ZK. Created the chroot using solr zk mkroot.

Created a policy:

{'set-policy': {'banana': [{'replica': '#ALL',
                            'sysprop.HELM_CHART': 'notbanana'}]}}

No errors on creation of the policy.

I have no nodes that have that value for the system property "HELM_CHART", I have nodes that
contain "banana" and "rulesos" for that value only.

I create the collection with a call to the /admin/collections:

{'action': 'CREATE',
 'collection.configName': 'project-solr-7',
 'name': 'banana',
 'numShards': '2',
 'policy': 'banana',
 'replicationFactor': '2'}

and it creates the collection without an error. Which what I expected was the collection creation
to fail. This is the behavior I had seen in the past, but after tearing down and recreating
the cluster in a higher environment, it does not appear to function.

Is there some prerequisite before policies will be respected? The .system collection is in
place as expected, and I am not seeing anything in the logs on the overseer to suggest any
problems.

[https://storage.googleapis.com/e24-email-images/e24logonotag.png]<https://www.evolve24.com>
Andrew Kettmann
DevOps Engineer
P: 1.314.596.2836
[LinkedIn]<https://linkedin.com/company/evolve24> [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/evolve24>
 [Instagram] <https://www.instagram.com/evolve_24>

evolve24 Confidential & Proprietary Statement: This email and any attachments are confidential
and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. It is intended for the use of the recipients. If you are not the intended
recipient, or believe that you have received this communication in error, please do not read,
print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Please delete this
email and attachments, without reading, printing, copying, forwarding or saving them, and
notify the Sender immediately by reply email. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or
lost by any transmission in error.