lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Kärst <stefan.kae...@diva-e.com>
Subject enhancement of documentation
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2019 07:46:00 GMT
Hi list,

I think it's a good idea add the chroot zookeeper folder at the end of:
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_0/setting-up-an-external-zookeeper-ensemble.html

"Once these servers are running, you can reference them from Solr just
as you did before:"

bin/solr start -e cloud -z
localhost:2181,localhost:2182,localhost:2183/solrchroot -noprompt"

/solrchroot as an example.

it took me a while to find out by blindly trying. looks like other users
face the same problem (according to google).

the error message in the solr logs isn't really helpful in that case.

besides this. why would someone create a (zookeeper) cluster while
running all server on the same machine??

"bin/solr start -e cloud -z
localhost:2181,zknode1:2181,zknode2:2181/solrchroot -noprompt"

makes more sense. IMHO

Cheers!
Stefan K.