lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Is it possible configure a single data-config.xml file for all the environments?
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2019 22:22:53 GMT
On 6/12/2019 9:05 AM, Hugo Angel Rodriguez wrote:
> I need to configure a single data-config.xml file in solr for SAS AML
> 7.1. I have three environments: Development, quality and production, and
> you know the first lines in a data-config.xml file is for connection to
> a database (database name, database server, port, user, password, etc).
> According to this, is it possible to configure only one file
> (data.config.xml) that dinamically connects for each of the databases in
> all environments?

Are these environments on separate Solr instances, separate servers, or
are they on the same Solr instance?

If they're separate instances/servers, you could define the database
with JNDI in Jetty (which is included and used to run Solr), and
reference that JNDI definition by name in the DIH config in Solr.  I do
not know how to use JNDI, I just know that it is possible.

If they're all on the same Solr instance, then things are harder.  You
could define multiple JNDI settings in Jetty with each one named after
the Solr core, and use ${solr.core.name} in the DIH config.  Or you
could pass information into DIH using URL parameters, and then you'd
have to include the information every time you started an import.

Are we dealing with SolrCloud (which is Solr + ZooKeeper), or standalone
Solr instances?

Thanks,
Shawn