lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@openindex.io>
Subject Different facet count between 7.7.1 and 8.1.1
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2019 21:49:07 GMT
Hello again,

We found another oddity when upgrading to Solr 8. For a *:* query, the facet counts for a
simple string field do not match at all between these versions. Solr 7.7.1 gives less or zero
counts where as for 8 we see the correct counts. So something seems fixed for a bug that i
was not aware of, although are unit tests rely heavily on correct facet counts.

When i do a field query <field>:<facet_key> the numFound matches the correct facet
counts i see on Solr 8.

I checked CHANGES.txt for anything on this subject, but the issues do not seem to match this
description. Does anyone have an idea what difference in behaviour i see, and what ticket
dealt with this subject?

We do not use JSON-facets here.

Many thanks,
Markus