lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: how to exclude path from being queried
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2019 04:51:23 GMT
On 12/18/2019 1:21 PM, Nan Yu wrote:
>      I am trying to find all files containing a keyword in a directory (and many sub-directories).
>
>      I did a quick indexing using
>
> bin/post -c myCore /RootDir
>
>      When I query the index using "keyword", all files whose path containing the keyword
will be included in the search result. For example: /RootDir/KeywordReports/FileDoesNotContainKeyword.txt
will be shown in the query result.
>       The query is: http://localhost:8983/solr/myCore/select?q=keyword
>
>      Is there a way to exclude files whose content does not contain the keyword but
the path contains the keyword?
>      Should I re-index the directory using some extra parameter? Or use extra condition
in the query

It sounds like your default field is probably a catchall which has the
contents of multiple source fields copied to it, including the content
and the filename.

If you do not want the filename searched, then query a different field
which does not contain that information.  You may need to adjust your
schema and reindex for this to be possible.

You haven't shared the configs for this index, so it is not possible for
us to confirm that guess.

Thanks,
Shawn