lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Walter Underwood <wun...@wunderwood.org>
Subject Solr Cloud on Docker?
Date Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:04:45 GMT
Does anyone have experience running a big Solr Cloud cluster on Docker containers? By “big”,
I mean 35 million docs, 40 nodes, 8 shards, with 36 CPU instances. We are running version
6.6.2 right now, but could upgrade.

If people have specific things to do or avoid, I’d really appreciate it.

I got a couple of responses on the Slack channel, but I’d love more stories from the trenches.
This is a direction for our company architecture.

We have a master/slave cluster (Solr 4.10.4) that is awesome. I can absolutely see running
the slaves as containers. For Solr Cloud? Makes me nervous.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org