lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr8 changes how security.json restricts access to GUI
Date Sat, 14 Dec 2019 12:47:54 GMT
Thanks for raising the JIRA, I always think it best for the person closest to the problem to
raise the JIRA, it’s usually more accurate ;)

> On Dec 13, 2019, at 8:49 PM, Oakley, Craig (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] <craig.oakley@nih.gov.INVALID>
wrote:

> Thanks for the clarification
>
> Created SOLR-14083

by which to create an issue. Could you create one (and let me know its number)?

>> Thanks

for login and password (as desired). It is Internet Explorer which does not, nor does curl
(that is to say, if you ask curl only to go to the top level: host:port/solr -- going any
further it will complain, such as your /solr/admin/info/system example gets Error 401 Authentication
failed, Response code: 401)

of the UI when you first visit?

it prompts for a password and (if you get it right) lets you into the whole GUI; But in Solr8.1.1
and in Solr 8.3, it does not prompt for a password before letting you into a crippled version
of the GUI (as depicted in the attachment)

Which 8.x version are you trying? There should be a login screen shown in admin UI now.

folk happy in that no one could even get to the top level of the Solr GUI without a password.

brings you into the GUI (albeit a stripped down version, saying such things as "No cores available").
By what means can we require a password to get this far? And by what means can we prompt for
a password in order to get further?