lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr8 changes how security.json restricts access to GUI
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2019 23:26:23 GMT
Anyone who has an account can open a JIRA, have you created one?

> On Dec 13, 2019, at 5:10 PM, Oakley, Craig (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] <craig.oakley@nih.gov.INVALID>
wrote:

> It looks as though I do not have an option under issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SOLR/issues
by which to create an issue. Could you create one (and let me know its number)?

> Thanks

login and password (as desired). It is Internet Explorer which does not, nor does curl (that
is to say, if you ask curl only to go to the top level: host:port/solr -- going any further
it will complain, such as your /solr/admin/info/system example gets Error 401 Authentication
failed, Response code: 401)

prompts for a password and (if you get it right) lets you into the whole GUI; But in Solr8.1.1
and in Solr 8.3, it does not prompt for a password before letting you into a crippled version
of the GUI (as depicted in the attachment)

Which 8.x version are you trying? There should be a login screen shown in admin UI now.

happy in that no one could even get to the top level of the Solr GUI without a password.

you into the GUI (albeit a stripped down version, saying such things as "No cores available").
By what means can we require a password to get this far? And by what means can we prompt for
a password in order to get further?