lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From vishal patel <vishalpatel200...@outlook.com>
Subject Sometimes searching slow in Solr 6.1.0
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2019 07:29:40 GMT
We have 2 shards and 2 replicas in our live environment. Total of 26 collections. we give 64GB
RAM for a single Solr instance.
I have faced a slow searching issue in our live environment. In our scenario, there are many
update requests come within minutes like 50,000. At that time searching becomes slow.
The query is normal but taking a 4to5 seconds. When the same query will execute after sometimes
it will not take time.
Our solr config details:
* autoCommit is 60000 and autoSoftCommit is 100.
* No caching add in config.

Can we handle the update thread priority? why searching is slow at that time? can we monitor
updates and search requests for solr cloud performance?
<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>

Regards,
Vishal