lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Atomic solrj update
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2019 06:12:40 GMT
On 12/12/2019 10:00 PM, Prem wrote:
> I am trying to partially update of 50M data in a collection from CSV using
> Atomic script(solrj).But it is taking 2 hrs for 1M records.is there anyway i
> can speed up my update.

How many documents are you sending in one request?

> Using HTTPClient to establish connection and also i am validating whether
> the particular document is available in collection or not and after that
> updating the document.

I thought you were using SolrJ ... but here you say you're using HTTPClient.

Can you share your code?  What Solr server version? If you're using
SolrJ, what version of that?

If your program checks whether every single document already exists
before sending an update, that is going to be quite slow.

Thanks,
Shawn