lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proper way to manage managed-schema file
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2020 19:35:36 GMT
You can use the Solr rest services to do all those operations.

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_3/schema-api.html

Normally in a productive environment you don’t use the UI but do all changes in a controlled
automated fashion using the REST APIs.

> Am 06.04.2020 um 20:11 schrieb TK Solr <tksolrml@sonic.net>:
>
> I am using Solr 8.3.1 in non-SolrCloud mode (what should I call this mode?) and modifying
managed-schema.

> I noticed that Solr does override this file wiping out all my comments and rearranging
the order. I noticed there is a "DO NOT EDIT" comment. Then, what is the proper/expected way
to manage this file? Admin UI can add fields but cannot edit existing one or add new field
types. Do I keep a script of many schema calls? (Then how do I reset the default to the initial
one, which would be needed before re-re-playing the schema calls.)