lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From TK Solr <tksol...@sonic.net>
Subject Admin UI core loading fails
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2020 07:50:20 GMT
I'm on Solr 8.3.1 running in non-solrcloud mode.

When I tried to reload an existing core from Admin UI's "Core Admin" by clicking
Reload, after modifying the core's conf/managed-schema, no error was reported.
But the newly added field type is not shown in the core's Analyzer section.

I selected Logging from the side bar, I saw errors like this for every core, not
just the core I tried to reload.

null:java.io.IOException: Unable to find resource 'custom.vm'
     at
org.apache.solr.response.VelocityResponseWriter.getTemplate(VelocityResponseWriter.java:374)
     at
org.apache.solr.response.VelocityResponseWriter.write(VelocityResponseWriter.java:152)
     at
org.apache.solr.response.QueryResponseWriterUtil.writeQueryResponse(QueryResponseWriterUtil.java:65)
     at org.apache.solr.servlet.HttpSolrCall.writeResponse(HttpSolrCall.java:892)
     at org.apache.solr.servlet.HttpSolrCall.call(HttpSolrCall.java:594)
     at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:419)
     at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:351)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1602)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:540)

I could not find any mention of custom.vm in any files under any core's conf
directory.

I restarted Solr, the core was loaded without an error and I can see the newly
added filed type.

What could be the cause of these errors that only happens with the Reload button?

TK