lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Kudrettin Güleryüz <kudret...@gmail.com>
Subject All shards placed on the same node
Date Sun, 05 Apr 2020 20:39:13 GMT
Hi,

Running 7.3.1 on an 8 node Solr cloud. Why would solr create all 6 shards
on the same node? I don't want to restrict Solr to create up to x number of
shards per node but creating all shards on the same node doesn't look right
to me.

Will Solr use all space on one node before using another one? Here is my
autoscaling configuration:

{
  "cluster-preferences":[
    {
      "minimize":"cores",
      "precision":10},
    {
      "precision":100,
      "maximize":"freedisk"},
    {
      "minimize":"sysLoadAvg",
      "precision":3}],
  "cluster-policy":[{
      "freedisk":"<10",
      "replica":"0",
      "strict":"true"}],
  "triggers":{".auto_add_replicas":{
      "name":".auto_add_replicas",
      "event":"nodeLost",
      "waitFor":120,
      "actions":[
        {
          "name":"auto_add_replicas_plan",
          "class":"solr.AutoAddReplicasPlanAction"},
        {
          "name":"execute_plan",
          "class":"solr.ExecutePlanAction"}],
      "enabled":true}},
  "listeners":{".auto_add_replicas.system":{
      "trigger":".auto_add_replicas",
      "afterAction":[],
      "stage":[
        "STARTED",
        "ABORTED",
        "SUCCEEDED",
        "FAILED",
        "BEFORE_ACTION",
        "AFTER_ACTION",
        "IGNORED"],
      "class":"org.apache.solr.cloud.autoscaling.SystemLogListener",
      "beforeAction":[]}},
  "properties":{}}