lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From TK Solr <tksol...@sonic.net>
Subject Proper way to manage managed-schema file
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2020 18:10:43 GMT
I am using Solr 8.3.1 in non-SolrCloud mode (what should I call this mode?) and
modifying managed-schema.

I noticed that Solr does override this file wiping out all my comments and
rearranging the order. I noticed there is a "DO NOT EDIT" comment. Then, what is
the proper/expected way to manage this file? Admin UI can add fields but cannot
edit existing one or add new field types. Do I keep a script of many schema
calls? (Then how do I reset the default to the initial one, which would be
needed before re-re-playing the schema calls.)

TK