mahout-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: the book Taming text from manning
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 10:41:15 GMT
As one of the authors, it will introduce pieces of Mahout (namely a
section on clustering and one on naive bayes, if and when I can get
some time from my job to finish it), but it will not be "Mahout in
Action", if that is what you are looking for, which, as Lukas said
will hopefully happen in the future (although I don't think I am
volunteering for it).  For the record, it will cover things like Solr,
OpenNLP, Carrot^2 and other clustering techniques, maybe some stuff on
graph ranking, and a chapter or two to tie them together, but these
last two pieces are still TBD.  The basic gist is there are all of
these pretty good open source tools for going beyond pure search.

-Grant