mahout-user mailing list archives

From Pradhuman Jhala <Pradhuman.Jh...@fox.com>
Subject sparse matrix format
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 23:07:25 GMT
Hi,

I am looking for documentation on the input format, particularly, the sparse matrix format,
supported by various supervised & unsupervised algorithms available in Mahout. It looks
like 'sparse matrix format' is supported, but I am not able to find details of it.

While looking at the way kmean clustering uses org.apache.mahout.matrix package, it seems,
it expects data in the
"[sM+2, index_1:value_1, index_2:value_2, ...., index_M:value_M, ] format, for it be considered
as 'sparse'. Just wondering if this is correct and consistant across all clutering algorithms.

thanks.
Pradhuman