mahout-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem building example
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2009 21:31:57 GMT
No, you're not crazy.  We just switched over to Maven instead of ANT.
The Job JAR gets built, but there is currently not a goal to execute
it.  We need to remedy that before releasing.

In the meantime, the workaround would be to get the JOB jar that Maven
produces and mimic the Job target execution in the old Ant build script.

On Feb 19, 2009, at 3:49 PM, Ricardo Panaggio wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was trying to build the 'SyntheticControlData' example using wiki's
> instructions<http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/SyntheticControlData

> >but
> the build.xml on examples directory doesn't exist (anymore?). There's
> build-deprecated.xml there, and I renamed it (thinking it wouldn't
> work out)
> to build.xml and tried the second step of the tutorial, 'ant clean
> job'. It
> haven't work, as I expected.
>
> As I'm getting into Mahout/Lucene/Hadoop right now (I've been
> checking out
> svn, testing Lucene demos, creating simple Map/Reduce-based
> programs), I
> don't know where exactly the problem is/may be. Have I done
> something wrong?
> Is this example deprecated? Are all of them deprecated? Is the
> tutorial
> deprecated? Should I checkout an earlier revision so that the
> build.xml is
> there?
>
> Sorry if I have asked too much (newbie) questions.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ricardo Panaggio
> @panaggio