mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ricardo Panaggio <panaggio.rica...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem building example
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2009 20:49:10 GMT
Hello,

I was trying to build the 'SyntheticControlData' example using wiki's
instructions<http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/SyntheticControlData>but
the build.xml on examples directory doesn't exist (anymore?). There's
build-deprecated.xml there, and I renamed it (thinking it wouldn't work out)
to build.xml and tried the second step of the tutorial, 'ant clean job'. It
haven't work, as I expected.

As I'm getting into Mahout/Lucene/Hadoop right now (I've been checking out
svn, testing Lucene demos, creating simple Map/Reduce-based programs), I
don't know where exactly the problem is/may be. Have I done something wrong?
Is this example deprecated? Are all of them deprecated? Is the tutorial
deprecated? Should I checkout an earlier revision so that the build.xml is
there?

Sorry if I have asked too much (newbie) questions.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Ricardo Panaggio
@panaggio