mahout-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: plsi in pig
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:13:09 GMT
Hmm, hadn't really thought about it, but I see no reason why we
wouldn't accept it and add it.  I think our source tree can definitely
handle it.

I'd propose it go somewhere under:
trunk/core/src/main/pig/plsi

I'm not familiar with Pig, but I can learn, and I know others are, is
it a single file?

See http://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/howtocontribute.html for
instructions on contributing.  Basically, just attach the file(s) to a
JIRA issue.

On Feb 11, 2009, at 2:18 AM, prasenjit mukherjee wrote:

> Hi,
>   I have implemented hofmann's plsi/em algo in pig which I would like
> to contribute back to the community for further
> scrutinization/improvement.  Let me know if mahout is the appropriate
> forum or should  it go to  pig project.
>
> Haven't  seen any non-java contributions to Mahout yet, which begs the
> question is Mahout only java based ?
>
> -Thanks,
> Prasen

Grant Ingersoll