mahout-user mailing list archives

From Neal Richter <nrich...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Papers on text clustering
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 22:18:26 GMT
I'll try and help round up some recent survey papers in this area over
the next few days.

Here are two (one paper and one slide deck):
http://eprints.cs.vt.edu/archive/00001000/01/docclust.pdf
http://www.alphaminer.org/document/downloads/TextMining/(ppt)%20Survey%20of%20Text%20Clustering.pdf

My biased opinion at this point is that there aren't many new seminal
works in text clustering... the hardest problem isn't the clustering
algorithm itself.. it's deciding what terms/phrases to cluster with
and what not to (feature selection).