mahout-user mailing list archives

From Túlio <tulio.caraci...@gmail.com>
Subject Unit Tests Failed
Date Sat, 28 Mar 2009 04:11:59 GMT

Hi guys,

i am trying to compile mahout using Netbeans. Installed the plugins and
everything seems to work fine and I am able to compile the whole thing.

However, some tests have errors, exceptions that are not correctly handled
(and this seems to prevent the .jar file to be created for the Mahout core
target of the pom file - i am not familiar with maven :S)

The tests that are getting errors are:

Running org.apache.mahout.ga.watchmaker.MahoutEvaluatorTest
Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 1.093 sec
<<< FAILURE!

Running org.apache.mahout.clustering.dirichlet.TestMapReduce
Tests run: 16, Failures: 0, Errors: 4, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 4.266 sec
<<< FAILURE!

Running org.apache.mahout.clustering.kmeans.TestKmeansClustering
Tests run: 5, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 1.156 sec
<<< FAILURE!

Running org.apache.mahout.clustering.meanshift.TestMeanShift
Tests run: 4, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 2.203 sec
<<< FAILURE!

I am getting the following exception:

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "chmod": CreateProcess error=2, O
sistema não pode encontrar o arquivo especificado (The system can't find the
specified file)

Does this have anything to do with the fact that i am trying to run it on
Windows?

How do I get it to work (and generate the .jar file so i can run the
samples)? the .jar file should be in the mahout\core\build folder after
build, right?

Sorry for the silly question, i am just trying to get this to work. We have
a bayesian decision system that using Netica-J and I am looking for
alternatives.