mahout-user mailing list archives

From "Claudia Grieco" <gri...@crmpa.unisa.it>
Subject Implement the related search feature with mahout
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 08:47:23 GMT
Hi guys!

I'm trying to implement a "related search" feature using the mahout
libraries. The queries are used to retrieve a set of items memorized in a
DB.

I have come up with this implementation:

-treat queries as "Users" and items in the DB as "Items"

-for each query entered in the search engine I memorize the text of the
query and the first 10 items retrieved. (the user-item column contains the
query id, the item id and the relevance score of the item for the query)

-to compute searches related to the current search I use mahout's Tanimoto
similarity to find the most similar "users", i.e. the queries which have
more result items in common with the current query.

Is there a way to improve what I have done? I'd like to increase the
importance of a query according to its "popularity" (i.e. how many time the
query was entered) and/or keep trace of the most clicked items instead of
the first 10 items, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Any ideas?