mahout-user mailing list archives

From "Claudia Grieco" <gri...@crmpa.unisa.it>
Subject R: Implement the related search feature with mahout
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 12:15:26 GMT
Thanks for your reply
> The fastest way to do this is in fact to
use a GenericUserBasedRecommender -- not because you need
recommendations, but because it exposes a nice mostSimlarUsers()
method.

Yes, that's the approach I was using. I was using almost the same code but with GenericUserBasedRecommender
instead of the Boolean version, so thanks for the tip ;)

> First, Lucene itself has related-search functionality.
I have tried to look at it before, but I have only found the MoreLikeThis functionality, which
is useful to obtain more similar *results*, I think.