mahout-user mailing list archives

From Florian Leibert <...@leibert.de>
Subject Vector creation - out of memory error
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 18:40:21 GMT
Hi,
I'm trying to create vectors with Mahout as explained in
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Creating+Vectors+from+Text,
however I keep running out of heap. My heap is set to 2 GB already and I use
these parameters:
"java org.apache.mahout.utils.vectors.Driver --dir /LUCENE/ind --output
/user/florian/index-vectors-01 --field content --dictOut
/user/florian/index-dict-01 --weight TF".

My index currently is about 6 GB large. Is there any way to compute the
vectors in a distributed manner? What's the largest index someone has
created vectors from?

Thanks!

Florian