mahout-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reminder: big collaborative filtering change in MAHOUT-151
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 00:33:43 GMT
In the past, Lucene has always pushed patches, but I know I've argued
for branches too.  Either way, you end up doing work to merge.
Personally, I feel so comfortable with patches these days that I
rarely think of branching, but that isn't to say it is wrong or that
someone else prefers that way.  While I like to keep trunk working,
etc. no one says it has to be perfect, so if you feel something is
ready to commit, then do so.  You're more likely to get more eyeballs
on trunk than on a branch, I think, and as long as it is worked out by
the next release, I don't know if it matters.