mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Run Taste Demo without Hadoop
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2009 11:17:38 GMT
The GroupLens business? no, not required at all. There's no relation
to Hadoop there. You would need to let Maven install all the
dependencies for core, including Hadoop, to compile though.

But no there are hadoop bindings for collaborative filtering in
org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 11:55 AM, Ahmet Karakaya<dostluk2000@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Is it mendatory to install Hadoop to run taste demo? AFAIK, Taste doesn't use Map/Reduce,
therefore shouldn't need Hadoop. Since it's included with Mahout project, I couldn't compile
the core libraries without Hadoop. Is there a workaround to run Taste?