mahout-user mailing list archives

From michal shmueli <michal.shmu...@gmail.com>
Subject Combining user-based and item-based recommendation
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2009 12:18:52 GMT
Hi,

I was playing with the examples and the demo, and to my best understanding,
the recommendation is based on either "user-based" or "item-based". For
example, the groupLens demo only looks on ratings but not on users data
(i.e. demographics).

I have 2 files, one for users and one for their ratings. Is there a way to
combine them both and get better recommendation ?

I'll appreciate if you can point me to such an example.

thanks,
Michal