mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trying to build simple recommender, but getting SQLException
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2009 12:39:00 GMT
Yes you must pass a user ID there.

I would amend your comment slightly. To really recommend users to items
(like 'which user will like this item most?') you would flip your data
around. Make users into items and vice versa.

Using the mostSimilarItems convenience method does something similar indeed
even if I would say it is not quite the same as recommendation.