mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running mahout on hadoop
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 18:29:26 GMT
Agree, and no that does not exist yet. I suppose I have temporarily paused
thinking about it until 0.20.x sorts out these issues.

On Oct 15, 2009 11:21 AM, "Gökhan Çapan" <gkhncpn@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry, i've sent last post accidently.
The question was not about which version of hadoop it uses.
Let me explain,
I think we all agree that item based recommendation is a 2 step process.
1-compute item-item similarities
2-create recommendations to a specific user for an item

And, 1st step can be computed offline.
If we want to compute all item-item similarities, it would be very good if
that computation had a map-reduce implementation.

I remember we had a discussion about making this computation with a matrix
based approach and its potential of being distributable. I think that will
be a very good extension for taste.

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 9:12 PM, Gökhan Çapan <gkhncpn@gmail.com> wrote: > I
mean, > > On Thu, Oct...
--