mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running mahout on hadoop
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 20:21:20 GMT
I think it must be a separate implementation. Both goals are important but
can't be achieved with one implementation.

On Oct 15, 2009 11:38 AM, "Gökhan Çapan" <gkhncpn@gmail.com> wrote:

Ok, I also wonder what you think about the type of that implementation.

-Will it be an extesion to Taste? I mean Taste's current implementation will
remain same, also that will be added as an extra option.
-Or do you plan to migrate Taste to that style?

I am asking because I am also working on implementing that model creation
with known similarity metrics, like log-likelihood similarity.