mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: making a choice wrt to an open recommendation framework
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 15:03:23 GMT
I know of several people who seem to be using it for internal
projects, which wouldn't be visible publicly, and which I don't have a
lot of info about.

A Red Hat-related project called Dumb Hippo or Mugshot appeared to use
a very early version of it but not sure it went much of anywhere.

I know mippin.com uses it for recommendations at the moment.

Otis used it for a pretty huge news site, but not clear if he can use
the name or not?

Other than that I can spot a few uses of it in open-source code. I'm
guessing there are a number of uses I am just not fully aware of,
based on the number of people asking questions about the code.

That's most of what I know -- hope that is of any help.

I might suggest you just try out both frameworks and see which matches
your needs better. Should be reasonably easy to figure out a) how easy
it is to integrate with your infrastructure, b) how fast it runs, c)
how good the recs are.

I at least can provide support on these three points for Mahout, here.