mahout-user mailing list archives

From prasenjit mukherjee <pmukher...@quattrowireless.com>
Subject Re: Using Restricted Boltzmann for clustering
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 03:14:54 GMT
I am using http://sourceforge.net/projects/jarbm. Not sure how easily
the algorithms can be mapreducable.

Great to hear similar view point. Although a bit too early, but it
seems that the -ve weights ( in RBM ) do have a better interpretation
which is not there in the SVDs.  If you consider each hidden neuron as
a cluster the -ve weights tend to specify the denial of a partciular
cluster if that feature is present.

Again, these are just some observations on a preliminary set of data,
and would definitely appreciate any kind of supporting theory.

-Prasen