mahout-user mailing list archives

From "Rajpal, Harjeet Kumar" <Harjeet.Ku...@Honeywell.com>
Subject RE: Mahout on Hadoop
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 16:14:17 GMT

Ya you are right. I corrected that mistake. Sorry for inconvenience.
I tried this with Grouplens data. It gave java.lang.OutOfMemoryError.
can you suggest any smaller amount of data for this. I tried to use a
part of grouplens data. Then it gave number format exception.
"1,F,1,10,48067" .

If you can provide some demo data. That will be helpful.
Best Regards,
Harjeet Kumar

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Owen [mailto:srowen@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 07, 2009 3:17 PM
To: mahout-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Mahout on Hadoop

Yes, that's right, you want to use the .job file as your ".jar" file.
Are you passing it both as the argument to "hadoop jar" and the
"--jarFile" argument? I suspect you still have some deployment problem
since this all works for me.

On an unrelated note, I am changing this part of the code dramatically
right now, improving it and cleaning it up. You may want to update at
some point but it will likely break what you are doing a little bit.