mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Taste-GenericItemBasedRecommender
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 20:28:55 GMT
I think you can merge my passes into a single pass in which you compute the
row and column sums at the same time that you compute the product.  That is
more complicated, though, and I hate fancy code.  So you are right in
practice that I have always had two passes.  (although pig might be clever
enough by now to merge them)

There is another pass in which you use all of the sums to do the
sparsification.  I don't know if that could be done in the same pass or not.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve