mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: download mahout-0.2 release
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2009 20:21:31 GMT
I am -1 for a change with out a bit more details.

I think that there is a significant advantage to having a small source
download.

How about a middle ground of having the following jars:

    - source only (assumes you will use maven to download jars)

    - source plus jars

    - binary

Also, I have some question about the second option due largely to my maven
inexperience.  Is there an easy way to tell maven that jars *might( be
present locally and that it doesn't need to download them?  It would seem
really a bad idea to have to change the pom for different distributions.

To argue against my own point, is it the sense of the group that the
source-only need is satisfied by svn access?

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve