mahout-user mailing list archives

From Olivier Grisel <olivier.gri...@ensta.org>
Subject Re: Using Restricted Boltzmann for clustering
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 19:10:20 GMT
2009/12/2 Jake Mannix <jake.mannix@gmail.com>:
> Prasen,
>
>  I was just talking about this on here last week.  Yes, RBM-based
> clustering can be viewed as
> a nonlinear SVD.  I'm pretty interested in your findings on this.  Do you
> have any RBM code you
> care to contribute to Mahout?

Hi,

I have some C + python code for stacking autoencoders which share
similar features as DBN (stacked RBM) here:
http://bitbucket.org/ogrisel/libsgd/wiki/Home

This is still pretty much work in progress, I will let you know when I
have easy to run sample demos.

However, this algo is not trivially mapreducable but I plan to
investigate on that matters in the coming weeks. Would be nice to have
a pure JVM version too. I am also planning to play with clojure +
incanter (with the parallelcolt library as a backend for linear
algebra) to make it easier to work with Hadoop.

--
Olivier
http://twitter.com/ogrisel - http://code.oliviergrisel.name