mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: deadlock in FastByIDMap.find() ?
Date Sat, 05 Dec 2009 09:31:01 GMT
That all sounds fine, should be no problem with this usage pattern. I
don't think the issue is where you think it is -- The problem seemed
to be with the FastMap used to cache recommendations. Is there
anything interesting about how this is used? I just added a couple
unit tests for the cache to try to reproduce it but didn't see
anything.

You can remove CachingRecommender to see what happens but that would
be a shame since it's just avoiding the problem. If there's an issue
I'm keen to track it down.

I can't figure out what the issue is. Maybe I can add some asserts to
the code that could trigger some signs of a problem.