mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mahout-0.2 release test case failed
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2009 15:45:51 GMT
That's odd, I'm sure the tests passed at time of release since we
couldn't proceed without it.

I *think* you can more or less safely ignore it, but, wondering at the
difference. It could be due to some differences in random number
generation -- which would be a bug since the unit tests ought to use
the same RNG each time. Is it reproducible?

I don't see this in head, FWIW.

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 2:50 PM, James James <recommendersystem@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks again, Sean! We run Maven on linux and this time we only got one test failed.
It is a clustering test. The error message is included below. Has anybody else run into the
same error before?

> Thanks

> Test set: org.apache.mahout.clustering.kmeans.TestKmeansClustering
> Tests run: 5, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 11.561 sec <<<
FAILURE!
> testKMeansMRJob(org.apache.mahout.clustering.kmeans.TestKmeansClustering)  Time elapsed:
10.447 sec  <<< FAILURE!
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: clusters[3] expected:<4> but was:<2>
>             at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:47)
>             at junit.framework.Assert.failNotEquals(Assert.java:280)
>             at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:64)
>             at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:198)
>             at org.apache.mahout.clustering.kmeans.TestKmeansClustering.testKMeansMRJob(TestKmeansClustering.java:423)

put it in the library in case I want to use it. However, there are quite a few junits tests
failed, many of which have something to do with hadoop. Did anybody experience the same thing
before? What would be a good solution to build a jar file in such a situation.

>> Thanks, James

needed for mahout. Is there a separate place to download these files?