mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ItemBasedRecommender
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 00:25:58 GMT
The best algorithm really depends on your data.

How many items and how many users do you have? that will determine
which algorithms will perform better.

Which algorithms will produce the best recommendations is hard to
tell. Usually you have to use RecommenderEvaluator with lots of
implementations and your data to find which seems to work best.

if you can say more about your data, maybe I can guess about the best
implementations to try.