mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Index size v/s memory
Date Tue, 22 Dec 2009 16:04:42 GMT
I think you maybe meant to send to java-user@lucene.apache.org?

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Shakti Purohit
<shakti_purohit@persistent.co.in> wrote:
> We are required to find out how much percentage/portion of lucene index needs to be in
memory for acceptable search response times. The index size we have is around 100 GB while
the available memory is 24 GB. Since we do not have the option of loading whole of the index
in memory we wanted to know what minimum part of lucene index be loaded in memory so that
response time is not affected.
> Does the index consist of any files or hierarchy such that loading only this information
in memory and not whole of the index would suffice for faster response time.

> The other question I have is how many queries per second lucene can support? We are interested
in finding out throughput of the system.